24 Hours in Cleveland Ohio – Things to Do This Weekend in Cleveland: A Complete Guide
This week The Penny Thrower arrived in the Midwest region for our very first 24 Hours in Cleveland Ohio to test some of the most iconic eateries, beverage halls, and top rated attractions this city has to offer!
Whether you’re an average adventurer making the most out of your 24 hours in Cleveland, or a native looking for things to do this weekend in Cleveland; don’t miss out on everything this midwestern city has to offer with our complete travel guide!
Shop at the West Side Market
First, we stopped at the iconic West Side Market. This indoor market has carefully crafted architecture and over 100 meat, cheese, and other artisan vendors! You’ll find an assortment of foods from all walks of life; from Indian cuisine to fresh squeezed juices and Amish cheeses! Take an hour (or three) during your 24 hours in Cleveland to peruse this one of a kind market!
Check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
You ARE in the birthplace of Rock & Roll, after all! The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is a top-rated MUST SEE stop, even with only 24 hours in Cleveland. Stroll through their immersive exhibits highlighting various artists and experience music like never before!
Planning on touring the fall as something to do this weekend in Cleveland? Be sure to book tickets in advance through Viator here and plan for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get through all the exhibits.
Tour the Natural History Museum
Looking for things to do this weekend in Cleveland Ohio as a history buff? This ones for you, fellow history nerds! Next, we stopped at The Natural History Museum. It is such a fun place to further your education on everything from anthropology to paleontology; making it a great stop for families, singles, and couples alike! Make sure to stop by the Planetarium and The Wildlife Center while you’re there.
Learn more about visiting hours and how to get there on the Natural History Museum website. Plan for about 2 hours to get through the whole museum.
Listen to Music at the House Of Blues Cleveland
Catch live Rock & Roll and Jazz music this weekend in Cleveland at the House of Blues. This bar is complete with delicious food, stylish apparel for sale, and awesome music. The House of Blues truly represents the culture and beat of the city like no other.
Be sure to check out their website during your 24 hours in Cleveland for their full list of live concerts and in-house shows!
Explore the Cleveland Arcade
This historic shopping center will be on our list of things to do this weekend in Cleveland no matter how many times we visit! The stunning architecture of the Cleveland Arcade highlights the huge array of restaurants, boutiques, and snack halls residing within it. It’s located in the heart of Cleveland’s entertainment district. So be sure to stop by and take in the arcades vast offerings!
There can be a lot to see in downtown Cleveland! Book a Guided Walking Tour here to ensure you hit all the highlights!
Enjoy the East 4th Street Nightlife
Next, we made it over to East 4th Street: A major entertainment destination for the area, where we spent the majority of our 24 Hours in Cleveland! With its car-less street and jam packed bar & restaurant options, it’s an easy place to bounce around for drinks, appetizers, and fun galore! The area is beautifully lit at night and alive with culture – a definite MUST-SEE!
Our Favorite Stops on 4th Street during our 24 Hours in Cleveland:
- The Society Lounge: a Speakeasy vibe meets high society – a fantastic stop for charcuterie & high end drinks
- House of Blues: As mentioned above, great for food, drinks, & live music – reference their website for show dates
- The Butcher and The Brewer: Best dinner options. World class cuts of meat and fantastic beer
- Hilarities 4th Street Theatre: Comedy club combined restaurant with a show every night of the week! Be sure to check their website for set times
Discover the Cleveland Aquarium
Who doesn’t love to watch fish swim by with a gorgeous array of colors and vast underwater plant life? The Greater Cleveland Aquarium is a great option for families looking for things to do this weekend in Cleveland or doing a quick 24 hours in the city.
Take a Guided Food Tour
If you’re more of a foodie than a history nut, this one’s for you! Cleveland has a rich culinary history and there’s no better way to learn (or taste) it than through a guided food tour! The city offers a variety of them! So, when you’re looking for things to do this weekend in Cleveland, read up on the different tours below first!
With only 24 hours in Cleveland to spare, be aware that the food tours can range from 2-4 hours, so be sure to plan time accordingly.
Different Food Tour Options for your 24 Hours in Cleveland:
- Little Italy Tour: Learn about the strong Italian heritage in the area while taste testing the best pizza, pasta, and meatball options from several local restaurants. 3.5 Hour Duration
- Tremont Neighborhood Tour: This walking tour explores one of the lesser known areas of Cleveland and its restaurants and heritage. All while taste testing local eats along the way. 3 Hour Duration
- West Side Market Food Tour: “This guided tour takes you into the market to visit 15 specially selected vendors to sample their products, from beef jerky, to falafel and apple turnovers!” 2 Hour Duration
Book your food tour through any of the links above for a GREAT rate!
Have a Mini Tropical Vacation at Porco Lounge & Tiki Room
Next, we stopped into Porco Lounge & Tiki Room for an extra mini vacation of our own! This Tiki bar is perfect if you’re dreaming of a tropical vacation and just can’t swing it right now. One of the top-rated things to do this weekend in Cleveland recommended by the locals was this magnificent bar! We were so enticed with their tropical decor and exotic smoking pineapple drinks. It’s easy to imagine you’re on a beach somewhere!
Try Your Luck at Jack Cleveland Casino
Finally, if you’re looking for something different than the typical dinner and drinks during your 24 hours in Cleveland Ohio, look no further than the Jack Cleveland Casino! Complete with table games such as Craps, Poker, and Blackjack as well as dining and drink options within the casino; it’s a one-stop shop for an entire night of fun! Even natives can find something unique and different for things to do this weekend in Cleveland with a stop at the Jack Casino!
Top Rated Hotels for Your 24 Hours in Cleveland Ohio:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade: Located right inside The Arcade of Cleveland (extremely walkable to top-rated things to do in Cleveland), Pet-Friendly, Bar/Restaurant on site
- Crowne Plaza Cleveland at Playhouse Square: Located in the heart of downtown, 1 mile from Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Cleveland Browns Stadium, Pool and Hot Tub/Sauna on Site, Full-Service Bar & Restaurant
- Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown: Located in downtown Cleveland (very walkable), Pet-Friendly, Free Breakfast Included, Affordable Nightly Rates
Book through any of the links above for a GREAT rate! Search for More Hotel Options for Cleveland Ohio Below:
Make the Most of Your Cleveland Ohio Stay!
In conclusion, we were blown away by our our 24 Hours in Cleveland Ohio. The city life was exciting, the people friendly, and the food incredible! 10/10 – would recommend to anyone! Don’t miss out on this amazing city during your next trip to the Midwest and check out our online store to ensure you have ALL the travel essentials for your trip!
24 Hours in Cleveland FAQ’s
- Should I Stay in Downtown Cleveland During My Stay? In order to easily navigate the city, yes! Downtown Cleveland is extremely walkable, and staying close to the city center makes it that much easier to get to and from major sites.
- Is There a Best Time of Year to Visit Cleveland? Winters can be harsh in the Midwest, but also beautiful! The city will be easier to navigate without snow on the ground, so shooting for Spring, Summer, or Fall will be your best bet.
- Does Cleveland Have an Extensive Nightlife Scene? Most definitely! This was one aspect of Cleveland we were surprised to find. There was SO many things to do in the city after dark, with an option for everyone. Be sure to venture out and experience it!
- Is Cleveland Safe? Downtown Cleveland is extremely safe with a low crime rate, even after dark.
Love it? Pin It!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through one of my links on this page, at no cost to you! Happy Shopping!