Embark on a full-day exploration of Music City, where the rhythm of country tunes and the historic charm create an unforgettable experience. This detailed itinerary guides you through iconic locations, including Belmont Mansion, Ole Red, Goo Goo Shop, Jason Aldean Bar, Shopping on 2nd Street, Luke Bryan Bar, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Nashville, a boot shop, and more. Be mindful of closing times to make the most of your One Day in Nashville, and be ready to dance until you drop!
Morning: One Day in Nashville Itinerary
Belmont Mansion – A Southern Gem (9:00 AM – 10:30 AM):
- Begin your day at Belmont Mansion, an antebellum estate showcasing the grandeur of the Old South. Explore the meticulously preserved rooms and gardens, gaining insights into the history of this Nashville gem through the guided tour. The mansion typically closes at 4:00 PM, so an early start ensures ample time for exploration.
- Book your guided tour through the Belmont Mansion here for a fantastic rate! 1 Hour Duration Time
Coffee Delights at Bongo Java (10:30 AM – 11:00 AM):
- Recharge at Bongo Java, a local coffee haven offering a wide range of coffees and drinks. Sip your coffee and nibble on a pastry, gain some energy for the day ahead. You’re going to need it!
Shop ’til You Drop on 2nd Street (11:00 AM – 12:30 PM):
- A full one day in Nashville isn’t complete without a shopping spree! Head over to 2nd Avenue for a galore of fun shops. Explore boutiques and unique stores, capturing the vibrant street art that adorns the historic district. Most shops on 2nd Street close around 6:00 PM, so plan your visit accordingly.
- Must Stop Shops to Visit on 2nd Street During Your One Day in Nashville:
- Market Street Mercantile – Boots, Tshirts, and other Whiskey-Themed Gifts
- Freebird Stores – Sip drinks while your shop for the stylish boots Nashville has to offer!
- Modiste – Women’s Clothing
- Agora Internatnonal Upscale – Full service jewelry store
- Garage Sale Vintage – Cocktail bar, vintage clothing, and records
Discovering Music History at Johnny Cash Museum & Country Music Hall of Fame (12:30 PM – 2:00 PM):
- Take a short walk over to the Johnny Cash Museum, dedicated to the legendary “Man in Black.” Dive into the life and career of this iconic figure, experiencing Nashville’s deep-rooted connection to country music. The museum generally closes at 7:00 PM. You’re itinerary for Nashville isn’t complete without touring the cities top museums!
- The Country Music Hall of Fame is another great option for this time! Explore exhibits showcasing the history and evolution of country music. The Hall of Fame closes at 5:00 PM, but special nighttime events may extend your visit, so check the schedule for unique opportunities.
- Book your ticket to the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum here for a great rate! It will take anywhere from 1.5-3 Hours to get through the whole exhibit.
Lunch: One Day in Nashville Itinerary
Goo Goo Shop – A Symphony of Sweetness (2:00 PM – 3:00 PM):
- Indulge your sweet tooth at the Goo Goo Shop, immersing yourself in the world of Goo Goo Clusters. Customize your own cluster and explore a variety of candies and memorabilia. The shop typically closes at 5:00 PM, so ensure you arrive with enough time to savor the experience. You ARE on vacation after all! Take a moment to recharge with some sweets.
Ole Red – Blake Shelton’s Country Oasis (3:00 PM – 4:30 PM):
- Move on to Ole Red, owned by country superstar Blake Shelton. Enjoy a leisurely lunch with live music and explore the venue’s memorabilia that traces the history of country music. We had the opportunity to listen to “50 Shades of Hay” play live AND enjoy a delicious tray of nachos.
Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar (4:30 PM – 6:00 PM):
- Continue your musical journey at Jason Aldean’s Kitchen and Rooftop Bar. Indulge in Southern-inspired dishes and take in breathtaking views from the rooftop. The venue usually closes around midnight, allowing for a relaxed and enjoyable late afternoon.
Boot Shopping at Lucchese Bootmaker (6:00 PM – 7:30 PM):
- You didn’t spend a full one day in Nashville without boot shopping at least once! Immerse yourself in Nashville’s cultural fashion with a visit to Lucchese Bootmaker. Browse through a stunning collection of handmade boots, a perfect keepsake from your Music City adventure. The shop typically closes at 7:30 PM, so plan accordingly.
Evening: One Day in Nashville
Luke Bryan’s 32 Bridge Food + Drink (7:30 PM – 9:30 PM):
- Next stop, transition to the evening at Luke Bryan’s 32 Bridge. Enjoy dinner, live music, and the dynamic atmosphere of this entertainment complex. The venue typically closes around midnight, offering a lively and enjoyable evening experience.
Sunset Vibes at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Nashville (9:30 PM – 11:00 PM):
- Experience the laid-back atmosphere of Margaritaville Nashville. Savor a tropical-inspired dinner with waterfront views, providing the perfect setting to unwind. Closing times vary, but it’s generally open until late, allowing for a relaxing transition to the night. Enjoy a cocktail and the lively atmosphere!
Late-Night Snacks at The Pharmacy Burger Parlor & Beer Garden (11:00 PM – 12:00 AM):
- Head to The Pharmacy, a local favorite for late-night bites. Indulge in gourmet burgers and craft beers in the charming beer garden setting. The Pharmacy usually closes at midnight, making it a perfect spot for a late-night snack.
Cap Off the Night at The Bluebird Cafe (12:00 AM – 1:30AM):
- For a truly unforgettable experience, make a stop at The Bluebird Cafe, an intimate venue that has hosted legendary songwriters. Check the schedule on their website for late-night performances, and revel in the magic of live music until the wee hours.
Late-Night Bar Experience at Robert’s Western World (1:30 AM – Onwards):
- Dive into the heart of Nashville’s honky-tonk scene with a late-night visit to Robert’s Western World. Known for its lively atmosphere and traditional country music, this iconic venue stays open until 3:00 AM, offering a perfect late-night cap to your Nashville adventure.
One Day in Nashville – Itinerary for Nashville TN FAQS:
- Where to Stay in Nashville? Be sure to explore through Booking.com (The Penny Thrower’s MOST trusted booking source for honest reviews and top notch hotels!)
- How to Get Around The City Safely? We used Uber Ride-Sharing services while in the city and it was very efficient, on-time, and safe. (Even in the early hours!)
- How to Fit All the Activities into One Day in Nashville? Plan accordingly of course! Follow our itinerary or come up with your own, but be sure to schedule essential stops so you have time to make it to them all!
- What to Pack for One Day in Nashville? Be sure to pack comfortable shoes to walk in, a small portable bag that’s easy to keep track of, and a camera! Nashville is a beautiful city, be sure to capture it! Stop by our online store to shop our top travel essentials!
This one day in Nashville itinerary ensures you make the most of your limited time in Music City, offering a balance of cultural exploration, entertainment, and culinary delights. From the grandeur of Belmont Mansion to the vibrant honky-tonks on Broadway, your one-day adventure promises an authentic and unforgettable Nashville experience. Plan accordingly to catch the closing notes of each venue, making your day in Nashville a harmonious symphony of sights and sounds.
Love it? Pin it!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through one of my links on this page, at no cost to you! Happy Shopping!